Making A Difference
Minds Matter students are determined, focused, and
fully aware of the value of higher education to
their lifelong successes.
Students Accepted Into Four-Year Colleges & Universities
Each day, Minds Matter is inspired by the commitment and drive of the students we serve. Our students choose to spend their Saturdays improving their academic abilities and preparing themselves for the future. They are determined and focused, and understand fully the value of higher education to their success.
Applying To Minds Matter Of Seattle
Are you a high-achieving high school freshman with a GPA of 3.0 or higher?
Do you qualify for free or reduced-price lunch?
Are you interested in attending a summer enrichment program after your sophomore and junior years?
Would you benefit from free SAT/ACT prep classes, writing, critical thinking, and math instruction, and having two mentors to support you through three years of preparing for college success?
Can you commit to attending Minds Matter sessions on Saturdays during the school year (excluding holidays) from 10:00am to 2:00 or 2:30pm in downtown Seattle, and to doing the additional 2-4 hours of homework Minds Matter assigns each week?
If so, we encourage you to apply to be part of the Minds Matter of Seattle today!
To apply to be a Minds Matter of Seattle mentee, please follow the following steps:
- To apply to be a Minds Matter of Seattle mentee, please follow the following steps:
- Apply. Fill out the online application and submit it.
- Parent’s Permission. Ask your parent(s) to fill out the parent form and submit it.
- Teacher Recommendation (Optional). Ask a teacher to fill out the teacher recommendation form and submit it.
- Interview to be a Minds Matter Scholar. We will contact you upon submission of all application materials.
Please Note: Each form must have the exact same first name, last name, and date of birth for you. You must also select “Seattle” as the chapter before beginning each form. Once we receive your application and the parent form, we will contact you for an interview.
You will need to bring the following items with you to the interview (it’s a good idea to start gathering them together now):
- Official Transcript from your school’s registrar’s or guidance counselor’s office in a signed, sealed envelope.
- Identification. Please bring your student ID card
We’re consistently impressed by and proud of our Minds Matter students. 100% of our students are accepted into four-year universities and colleges, and many are accepted into some of the most competitive schools in the country.
Just To Name A Few…
Start Preparing For College Today
Our mission is to transform the lives of accomplished high school students from low-income families by broadening their dreams and preparing them for college success.