The application window opened on February 1 for fall 2023 enrollment. In order to apply for fall 2023 enrollment for Minds Matter Seattle, please submit your application for priority consideration by May 1, 2023.
Click the links below to view the forms. You will need to send the links for parts 2-4 to the appropriate adults.
- Student Application
- Guidance/College Counselor Nomination Form
- Teacher Recommendation (from a current 9th-grade teacher)
- Parent/Guardian Consent Form
A Minds Matter student must:
- Be a high school freshman during the 2022/23 school year
- Maintain a strong overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Be committed to pursuing a college education
- Demonstrate strong academic potential, motivation, maturity, and responsibility
- Be active in extracurricular and/or community activities (part-time jobs included)
- Show that he/she would benefit greatly from a summer academic experience
- Self-identify as low income (priority given to those who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch or have a family income under the Very Low HUD income thresholds
Minds Matter is an organization that rewards hard work, dedication, and achievement, and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or physical ability.