Senior Enrichment Advisors
The Senior Enrichment Program is designed to help students synthesize what they have learned during the first two years in the program. As in previous years, students will have the opportunity to strengthen skills in math, writing, and critical thinking. The focus is on preparing Minds Matter mentees for college success. We help students with skills gaps and work with them to build strong public speaking and critical reasoning skills. Senior Enrichment activities evolve over the course of the year after students complete the college application process.
About the Position
- Each mentee is paired with one advisor for each subject area.
- Advisors are required to be college graduates and attend at least three Saturday sessions a month.
- Advisors are role models and help develop not only their student but also all of the students on their team; they assist the team leader in building team cohesion, implementing the curriculum, and keeping the team on track.
- Advisors work to ensure that their student’s assignments are completed on time.
- Advisors help to recruit subsequent generations of Minds Matter volunteers and leaders.
Time commitment: 3-4 hours per week from September through May, including approximately three Saturday sessions per month from 10:00-12:00
Click here to apply to volunteer for Minds Matter of Seattle.